This item will be retiring on 9/27/18.
Lauren Sanderson’s approach to shooting client and personal work is greatly influenced by her surroundings— her vision for a session often starts when she chooses the location. In this Breakout, Lauren shares how she chooses and uses even the most ordinary location to create extraordinary images and galleries that are full of variety. She’ll show how her gear, camera, location, and perspective choices help her achieve her vision, and she’ll show inspiring instructional images to illustrate each concept. You’ll learn what to look for when scouting locations and you’ll explore with Lauren in a behind-the-scenes video to see how she chooses her locations, the decisions she makes based on her environment, and what she would have done differently. Finally, you’ll learn how Lauren edits her images to enhance or alter a location.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• How locations influence and contribute to Lauren’s style
• What makes a location great and what to look for when scouting
• How to harness a location’s potential to make your client galleries and personal images stronger and full of variety
• How gear choices and camera settings can drastically change the look and feel of a location
• How to train your eye to see the potential at a location
• Ways to produce beautiful and compelling images, even when shooting at less-than-ideal locations and lighting situations
• How to discover and use locations that are close to home for personal shooting
• Several high-tech and low-tech methods of location scouting
• How to create your Location Log and keep track of important location information
• Photoshop techniques to enhance or alter your images for maximum location impact
130+ page PDF full of detailed information, techniques, tips, pullbacks, exercises and inspiration
Location Lookbook: A Bonus PDF with 30+ Pullback and After Shots to Inspire
Location Log Template (8.5″ x 11″ PDF)
30 Days of Location Exploration Shooting Exercise (PDF)
17-minute Location Scouting Insight Video
2 Editing Videos (using ACR and Photoshop)
*Please note: All items in this listing are digital downloads that must be downloaded to a computer (you may transfer to an iPad after your original download to a computer). Due to the nature of digital downloads, they are non-refundable.
Lauren Sanderson calls her style a mix of modern portraiture and casual lifestyle moments. Born and raised in Huntsville, Alabama she primarily photographs couples, children, and families. Lauren approaches photography with a designer’s eye and believes that a location is an integral part of all her sessions. Lauren has been a Clickin’ Moms member since 2010, became a Click Pro in 2013, and in 2013, Lauren joined the Click Magazine production team and is in charge of editing and retouching every image for each bimonthly issue… a job that she enjoys and a team she loves being a part of. Lauren has three small girls that keep her on her toes and a supportive firefighter husband that just laughs and shakes his head each time the UPS man drives away. And in the small sliver of time called “spare” she enjoys Crossfit a few times a week, trips to the beach with her family, and cheering on her alma-mater, the Alabama Crimson Tide!