- Processing Tools
- Camera Bags
- Camera Straps
- Gift Certificates
Compelling photography is about more than following rules. In the Breakout, you will learn to produce creative portraiture with a messy vision. Tarah shows you how to understand when to break the rules to fit your passion and what speaks to the artist’s heart while fulfilling a client’s needs as well. Tarah demonstrates you how she uses light in a playful and creative way to enhance a moment and an image, and how she creates natural and sincere connections between her subjects. Finally, she takes you through the post-processing techniques that she uses to polish her images.
• Shooting into light and using it as a tool to enhance the moment and end resulting image
• Getting sincere connections with clients and your own kids to create emotive imagery
• Post processing to create photographs with a feeling of vision and art
• Translating your style and vision from portraits to life style, to weddings to newborns and your own kiddos
• Finding locations and using the atmosphere to produce images that speak to the artist’s vision and soul regardless of where and what is there
PDF detailing how to shoot using magical natural lighting, how to create natural and sincere connections, and editing details and steps, as well as discussing how to create a vision that meets your style rather than sticking to one “style”.
Bonus PDF discussing in depth how to photograph your personal life in an artistic way while sticking to real life.
An editing video.
An interview/behind the scenes video.
*Please note: All items in this listing are digital downloads that must be downloaded to a computer (you may transfer to an iPad after your original download to a computer). Due to the nature of digital downloads, they are non-refundable.
Tarah Sweeney is a self-taught professional and successful portrait and wedding photographer in San Diego, CA. She is first and foremost a wife and mother to three little ones and she spends her days photographing their daily adventures.
Great theory with lots of edit examples. The only 2 things that were lacking:
1) Actual video to see Tarah in action. I was really looking forward to see how she is able to make that amazing connection with her clients during the sessions. I wish the video from the photo shoot was uninterrupted and with sound from the session (without interview). I believe that even 15 min video would greatly compliment the theory behind Messy View.
2) Examples of the more recent edits. It seems like the artist progressed so much over last year or two. The edit samples that Messy View has are great, but Tarah is on a very different level now compared to the pictures she shows in this tutorial.
Overall great value for the money and great product for the beginners! Bonnie on 5th Dec 2016
I absolutely loved the breakout. It was very thorough easy to understand and I was never bored. I love her approach at shooting and am excited to take some of the things I learned from her breakout out on shoots of my own. Can't wait for you to do another breakout Tarah! Robin on 18th Nov 2016
Loved everything about this breakout. Tarah is so inspiring to watch in action and the editing portion was super helpful showing how to work with VSCO presets, etc. If you are anything like me contemplating what workshops are best as far as content, look no more. This breakout is a game changer! Stephanie, Sweet Beginnings Photography by Stephanie on 18th Nov 2016
SO inspiring! I bought and read this when I was having a bit of an uninspired creative funk. I love the term " the MESSY veiw" that its okay to break the rules and just explore a messy view. This was exactly what I needed. Rebecca Rottcher on 10th Oct 2016
I absolutely loved this breakout! However, there was a lag on her videos, so when she is editing her photos you can't follow exactly what she is doing--a little disappointing. Unknown on 7th Sep 2016
Everything thing about this was perfect! Every word Tarah said was just what I needed. It was like she was talking right to me. Perfection! Grace on 19th Jun 2016
This Breakout took my photography to the next level. It made me see things that I normally wouldn't see and made me grow so much as a photographer. Heather on 24th Apr 2016
This class was soooo helpful for me and set off a series of light bulb moments that have drastically improved the way I see and work with light, and the way I edit my photos. Thank you so much Tarah!!! A totally worthwhile purchase. Kelsey on 17th Mar 2016
Loved this breakout. She really spoke to me when she explains how to get what your client wants and what you want out of a session. Going into my sessions with a different more creative eye thanks to Tarah! Jenny McHenry on 16th Jan 2016
I cannot say enough good things about this breakout! Thanks so much Tarah for sharing + the inspiration! Samantha Hayn on 26th Oct 2015