Yasmina Cowan is a family and lifestyle photographer based out of Washington D.C. who has been featured in publications such as the Washingtonian and the Huffington Post amongst others. She is a lover of the unconventional and is passionate about capturing honest and authentic storytelling moments in her professional and personal work. Her photo journalistic style was driven by a deep wanderlust and keen interest in people’s stories, big and small. She strives to capture that authenticity and shared human experience in her work. She is never happier than when she is spending time with her incredible husband of 8 years and two beautiful children. Her truest passion lies in documenting her kids’ childhood as organically as possible in order to create a visual narrative she hopes they will one day treasure.
Yasmina Cowan is a lifestyle photographer whose passion lies in capturing honest and authentic moments. She strives to capture the unconventional and aspires to frame images that tell a story and exemplify genuine human emotion. In this breakout she will walk you through her organic approach to photography and how she uses her “storyteller first” mantra to document family, both professionally and personally, by creating compelling memoirs that tell a lasting story. You will hone your photographic eye and learn to view the ordinary in frames that go beyond the snapshot to become extraordinary memories. From composing with purpose, to embracing and knowing light, to waiting for and identifying the special moments, Yasmina will take you through her end to end process of how she creates an inspired frame in even the most humble of settings. Learn how to approach family photography with a fresh pair of eyes and gain confidence in engaging with and shooting clients who embrace the non-traditional.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• Yasmina’s approach to photography and how to create imagery that shapes our memories and creates a compelling family memoir for yourself and your clients
• When + how to engage with your subjects and when to take a fly on the wall approach
• How to develop your photographic eye to view the world around you and family moments with a fresh perspective
• How to incorporate storytelling elements to create context and produce more intentional images
• Using available light to your advantage to enhance your visual narrative
• Composing + framing your images with purpose to capture honest moments that go beyond a snapshot
• Gear + Settings for capturing fleeting moments
• How Yasmina interacts with her clients from initial inquiry through to gallery delivery
• How to stay artistically inspired day to day + the importance of personal projects
• A PDF packed full of Yasmina’s insight into how she approaches family photography to create compelling memoirs, both personally and for your clients.
• Behind the scenes shooting videos including 2 in home client sessions + how she approaches shooting her children in her own home
• An editing video giving insight into Yasmina’s post processing
• Bonus PDF guide to iPhoneography outlining tips + tricks for how to use your mobile phone to your advantage in everyday photography
• Bonus PDF outlining her end to end client process
• Two Bonus Editing Videos
• Q&A Video
*Please note: All items in this listing are digital downloads that must be downloaded to a computer (you may transfer to an iPad after your original download to a computer). Due to the nature of digital downloads, they are non-refundable.