The Black & White Collection created by Marissa Gifford
- Breathless: With lifted shadows and boosted contrast, this one is great for using on images with darker tones to keep it clean and popped without clipping the shadows. Extra layers with options for adding a hint of matte, warmth, or extra depth as the image requires.
- Dusk: This is a deep and moody black and white action, with dimmed highlights and an option for adding a matte finish or grain to to lend a raw atmosphere to your image.
- Feather: This black and white conversion uses a lighter touch. It was created specifically for use with direct sunlight situations to preserve shadows and highlights.
- Halo: This action was created for use with backlight. It cuts down the haze and adds contrast to give more depth to backlit b/w conversions. The layers are fully adjustable to cut through a little or a lot of haze, depending on the strength of the backlight.
- Hipster: With subtle throwback toning, a light haze, and a pop of clarity, this b/w conversion adds a hint of nostalgia to your image.
- Jaded: A moodier b/w conversion with dimmed highlights, deep shadows, a little bit of grain, and subtle shadow toning. Toggle the layer visibility or opacity to customize levels of toning and brightness to suit your image and taste.
- Licorice: This action was created specifically for use on images with lots of foliage/greenery to darken those areas and allow your subjects to pop more when surrounded by all those midtones. You can easily customize the luminosity of the foliage in the color channels of the b/w conversion layer.
- Metro: Clean and bold, with a tiny hint of blue to give an urban feel. Also includes optional layer to lift the shadows if they become too deep.
- Suede: The distinguishing characteristic here is a smooth blur layer that gives the whole image a dreamy feel - like something out of a fairytale. The blur layer can be brushed off subjects and is fully adjustable to suit tastes. Especially lovely for enhancing macro and Lensbaby images.
- Sterling: A clean, classic b/w conversion that has great tonal range. There are lots of options for customization right in this action (dimming the highlights, lifting the shadows, adding matte) makes a great all-in-one for a classic look.
- Velvet: A smooth, velvety, matte b/w conversion with enough contrast to preserve depth in the image.
- Brighter Brights: Could those highlights use a boost? Use me.
- Darker Darks: Need a little extra depth in those shadows? Use me.
- Luminous: Need a little glowy light across the whole image? Use me.
- Matte Polish: Need the perfect matte effect to polish off an image? Use me.
- Clarity Pop: A boost of midtone contrast and texture.
- Shadow Lift: Cleanly lift the shadows in your image without a matte effect.
- Add Grain - Smoother: Add a fine, sandpaper-like grain to top off your b/w conversion. Works exclusively with 8 bit images.
- Add Grain - Rougher: Add a more textured grain to top off your b/w conversion.
PLEASE READ: Compatible with Photoshop Creative Cloud ONLY. Not available for Elements. This is an action set, it is not compatible with Lightroom. Due to the nature of the product, we are unable to issue refunds on digital downloads for any reason, please email email@example.com if you have any questions before purchasing.
Video on installing actions: https://vimeo.com/221311990