In this breakout, Jennifer shares her personal philosophy on light and demonstrates her approach to creating beautiful images in a variety of lighting situations. She identifies the challenges she faces and tools she reaches for in full sun, at sunset, overcast days, natural window light, and after dark. From shooting client sessions to grabbing images with her family at the bowling alley, she also breaks down how she decides whether natural or artificial light will achieve the look she wants in any given situation. Finally, she shares her love of incorporating flash into her family images in both ordinary and extraordinary ways.
What you’ll learn:
- encouragement to seek out and use light in all of the corners of your world (not just the corners with perfect light.)
- Tools to manage both natural and artificial lighting situations.
- A breakdown of her personal approach to light
- A list of Jennifer’s gear (it’s shorter than you think!)
- tips, tricks, and inspiration for making flash part of your daily images.
- fun, after dark lighting experiments to try with your kids (flash or no flash, up to you!)
- a PDF of finding and creating light
- a bonus PDF- fun flash exercises with kids
- a shooting video
- an editing video
- a bonus video on flash in the rain and painting with light
- a Q and A video
*Please note: All items in this listing are digital downloads that must be downloaded to a computer (you may transfer to an iPad after your original download to a computer). Due to the nature of digital downloads, they are non-refundable.
Jennifer Bogle lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and three beautiful, busy kiddos. She has a small portrait photography business, but primarily shoots for family and friends. She loves dramatic light and flash photography, but is not at all flashy or dramatic herself. She believes all things are possible with the proper application of coffee.