- Processing Tools
- Camera Bags
- Camera Straps
- Gift Certificates
This item will retire on February 17th, 2018.
In this Breakout Laura Froese of Paraphrase Productions walks you through how she discovered her own personal style and gives you the building blocks to begin to realize and build upon your own in a way that stays true to who you are. She shares how she created a portfolio deliberately geared to attract the clients that appreciate her unique voice in an over-saturated market while still being able to maintain a successful business. She walks you through five key elements in photography and teaches you how to use each one in a unique way to set your photos apart from the crowd. She explores natural, artificial, and post-processed light; how to maximize upon a location for the greatest variety; shooting perspectives; post processing tips and tools to give your photos that “extra something”; as well as delving into her hallmark style of low-light and night shooting. By popular demand, she will also walk you step-by-step through one of her favorite creative projects – capturing star trails both in camera and in post processing.
• How to identify and be conscious about the elements that comprise your personal style.
• How to give voice to your style both while shooting and in portfolio building.
• How to attract the clients YOU want while still building/maintaining a successful business.
• How to use artificial, natural, and post-processed light to add drama and flare to your work.
• How to find unique perspectives and angles to add diversity to your shooting.
• How to use a variety of Lightroom and Photoshop techniques and tools to make your photos stand out from the crowd.
• How to work even a small location in a way that gives you maximum diversity.
• How to use your existing gear to make haunting low-light images.
• How to deal with grain and focusing issues in low-light situations.
• How to find in-home, rural, and/or urban locations for night-shooting.
• How to create sparkler, long-exposure shots with children.
• How to create star trails in camera.
• How to create star trails in post.
116-page PDF full of information, instruction, and inspiration
15-page bonus PDF devoted to creating star trails
24 shooting/editing exercises to get your creative juices flowing
Night sky overlay
7 editing videos each highlighting a specific technique to take your photos to the next level (over 2.5 hours of video)
1 shooting video of Laura working on location at night, turning some ordinary children into extraordinary super heroes through long exposure photography
*Please note: All items in this listing are digital downloads that must be downloaded to a computer (you may transfer to an iPad after your original download to a computer). Due to the nature of the product, refunds are not allowed for digital products.
Laura Froese is a Canadian photographer living on the West Coast of British Columbia. She specializes in weddings and families, but also loves when she gets to capture newborns as well as documenting her own family. She runs a photo and video company, Paraphrase Productions, with her videographer husband of six years. In addition to that, she teaches a bit of piano and spends the remainder of her time looking after their newborn son. She has a passion for bringing her vision to life behind the lens, as well as taking everyday moments and turning them into something extraordinary to be captured, remembered and treasured. She also loves sugar flavored coffee drinks (particularly from Starbucks), pajama days, and binging on Netflix!