The Captivate Photoshop Action Set by Tara Mc of www.taramc.com includes everything you need for daily clean and fresh editing with just enough creative twist options to make it your own! As a seasoned shooter and editor of 8 years, I have come to love mixing both digital and film mediums in my work. I am a hybrid shooter and I love that I get the best of both worlds! However, that meant finding a way of editing my digital art in a way that would seamlessly blend with the more timeless look of my film work. I have also spent years shooting in a variety of places all over the country from west coast to east coast and every place in between. Every lighting situation, every landscape, and every subject truly needs a different editing scenario. There is no ONE perfect action that works for every image. So I set out to create a set of tools that could be used together, built upon, and combined to essentially give a digital “tool bag” of actions that were simple and fast to use that would allow my images to retain their character and quality, but still have a cohesive style.
Simplicity and versatility are key with these actions! I hate complication and over editing. Mix and match different base actions to create your own blends and styles or use the ones I have already included for you. Each action is adjustable not only on each layer, but also as a group so that you can build one on top of another to blend different looks together and have ultimate control. One of my greatest pet peeves is that some actions become SO stylized that they are easy to overdo and ruin the quality of an image, and they become very easy to tell when somebody has used the latest trendy action set on them. These actions allow you to create your own custom style and look while NOT over editing or ruining image quality with unnecessary steps that are harmful to the final image quality.
Whether you are new photographer just getting started with actions or Photoshop, or a seasoned pro, these actions are a great fit for anybody seeking an efficient workflow that includes clean and deep color pallets, fresh skin tones, the supple smooth matte look of our favorite films, and images that pop with dimension!
This set includes 25 Unique Actions: See descriptions below.
PLEASE READ: Compatible with Cs2 or later, including Creative Cloud. Not available for Elements. This is an action set, it is not compatible with Lightroom. Due to the nature of the product, we are unable to issue refunds on digital downloads.CAPTIVATE ESSENTIALS
- Clean: A Smooth Clean Edit that boosts and clarifies your image. Great for just about ANY image. Steps I run on every image I edit to get started.
- Bright: A little light pop for images that are slightly under exposed or that need a mood boost.
- Moody: This actions is for when your image needs some darkening. Focusing on the toning and depth of the levels and curves without effecting skin tones.
- Dirty: Add depth and grain (A very high ISO film look).
- Deep: An action that adds tonal depth without skin tones going wonky
- Clear: Clarifying High pass for full resolution
- Clear Web: Clarifying web sharpen
- Sunny: A little burst of warm sunshine that can be added to your images when needed.
- Cool: Add a cool tone to your image.
- Warm: Add a warm tone to your image.
- Intensity: The perfect color boost without damaging skin tones! This action uses a technique of shifting modes to make sure the skin stay safe from over processing.
- Timeless: A clean matte adjustment layer that can be added to any action to add that timeless “film” inspired look. Uses a special RGB-Curves layer and toning.
- Fresh: A basic skin smoothing action that doesn’t over-do it! Once again, no over edited skin or lack of texture. Just clean bright skin!
- Tunnel of Love: Years ago I created an action called “Tunnel of Light” that became a favorite of many photographers. They jokingly renamed it “Tunnel of Love” and it stuck. This is a fresh new take on the action that creates depth in all the right places to draw attention to your subject and more dimension to your image. This actions is always best run either FIRST or LAST in your step process for best results.
- Dynamic: Give your images that slight HDR image look without going overboard.
- Shadows Pop: A basic pop to the shadows in your image to add dimension and light.
- Basic B&W: A good basic black and white tool for using on already color edited images.
- Captive Spring: One action that uses my own combination of steps from the Essentials to create a springy toned final edit that bursts with soft dynamic energy.
- Captive Summer: One action that uses my own combination of steps from the Essentials to create a summery toned, classic film style edit.
- Captive Fall: One action that uses my own combination of steps from the Essentials to create a warm fall toned final edit with a slightly moodier film feel.
- Captive Winter: One action that uses my own combination of steps from the Essentials to produce a moody black and white reminiscent of tonal ranges found in black and white medium format film. Soft and deep with just a hint of mystery.
- Captive Spirit: One action that uses my own combination of steps from the Essentials and a little secret twist to pump up the color, energy, and tones to make your images jump off the screen!
- Captive Heart: One action that uses my own combination of steps from the Essentials as well as a special levels and color curves adjustments to create a look inspired by one of my film favorites, Portra 400.
- Captive Soul: One action that uses my own combination of steps from the Essentials as well as a special levels and color curves adjustments to create a tonal quality inspired by Fuji 160.
- Captive Mind: A dynamic black and white edit that wows with impact and strength, but retains a smooth finish. A Classic. This style came from my life long obsession with Ansel Adams work and his dodging and burning techniques to add depth and range!